Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sewing

So usually we try to have some sort of fun during our Spring Break but this year we are on an especially tight budget and Jer is down a from surgery this week so instead of going somewhere to have fun we had to improvise a little bit. I decided to take some time to teach my boys how to sew. We went with pajama bottoms which my boys wear often and they are super easy to sew. they all did pretty well and all of them did most of the work to make their own pants. with exception of Gage who helped out mostly by pushing what he called 'the gas pedal' on the sewing machine... as it turns out with Gage pushing the pedal and making the machine work as fast as possible I can complete a pair of pants in about 25 minutes including the time it takes to iron as I go. Mason and Beppe both made a couple small errors requiring them to get to know a little tool known as the 'seam ripper.' I assured them that I too am well acquainted with the 'seam ripper.' Chili needed the least amount of help and got the job done pretty quickly. They really enjoyed learning how to sew and are excited to do some more of it!!

4 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

WONDERFUL! What a great idea! Your a great mom! I just learned this past holiday season how to do this! I am so proud of you to show your boys how to do this.

Delee said...

Very ceative, Tab! They turned our great. You have such great kids!

Cynthia said...

Okay Tabatha, you are officially the coolest Mom ever!

Thomas Family said...

your so cool Tab!
Maybe you can teach me too.
Even though I know I should remember since I did learn as a kid too, but I'm not as good as you keeping those useful skills I learned as a kid,lol :)